Language Classes @ Y-Parc, Yverdon
C1 Advanced German
Be effective at communicating in all situations, professional or social. We will focus on understanding hidden meanings, fluency, style and expression in specialised technical and literary use of language. The classes should be accompanied with 20 minutes of independent study per day.
What you will learn
In these classes we will work towards the following goals. Being able to:
- Understand extended speech even when it is not clearly structured and when relationships are only implied and not explicit.
- Understand television programmes and films without too much effort.
- Express yourself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Use language flexibly and effectively for social and professional purposes.
- Formulate ideas and opinions with precision and relate your contribution skilfully to those of other speakers.
- Understand long and complex factual and literary texts, appreciating distinctions of style.
- Understand specialised articles and longer technical instructions, even when they do not relate to your field.
- Express yourself in clear, well-structured text, expressing points of view at some length.
- Write about complex subjects in a letter, an essay or a report, underlining what you consider to be the salient issues.
- Select a style appropriate to the reader in mind.
The goals are valid for all C1 levels and refer to the common European guidelines for languages.
What you need to know
You have the equivalent of B2 level in German. You can estimate your level with the following self-assessment. I can:
- Understand extended speech and lectures and follow complex lines of argument provided the topic is reasonably familiar.
- Understand most TV news and current affairs programmes.
- Understand the majority of films in standard dialect.
- Take part in conversations about familiar subjects or personal interests fluently without preparation express and justify your opinions and projects.
- Tell a story or plot of a book or film with your own comments take an active part in discussion in familiar contexts, accounting for and sustaining my views.
- Read articles and reports concerned with contemporary problems in which the writers adopt particular attitudes or viewpoints.
- Understand contemporary literary prose.
- Write an essay or report, passing on information or giving reasons in support of or against a particular point of view.
- Write letters highlighting the personal significance of events and experiences.
Made for busy people
We bring classes to you. Five minutes from your office for maximum convenience.
Only pay for the classes you can attend with our flexible enrollment model.
Our unique model provides quality with more convenience and at a better price.