A1 Beginner French
Develop the basic communication skills you need to get by in French. We will focus on simple conversations to increase your confidence and help put you at ease in everyday situations. It is recommended that you commit to 20 minutes per day of independent study to benefit from the course.
What you will learn
On this course we will work towards the following goals. Being able to:
- Understand familiar words and very basic phrases concerning ourselves, our family and our immediate concrete surroundings when people speak slowly and clearly.
- Ask and answer simple questions in areas of immediate need or on very familiar topics.
- Interact in a simple way provided the other person is prepared to repeat or rephrase things slowly.
- Understand familiar names, words and very simple sentences, for example on notices and posters or in catalogues.
- Write a short, simple postcard, for example sending holiday greetings.
- Fill in forms with personal details, for example entering name, nationality and address on a hotel registration form.
The goals are valid for all A1 levels and refer to the common European guidelines for languages.
What you need to know
This class is for beginners, you do not need to have any prior knowledge of French.
Made for busy people
We bring classes to you. Five minutes from your office for maximum convenience.
Only pay for the classes you can attend with our flexible enrollment model.
Our unique model provides quality with more convenience and at a better price.
Personal Learning Coaching
We offer free learning coaching from your dedicated learning coordinator to help you establish a personalised learning plan.
A learning mission is a task to use the language in the real world. We help you define where and when you use the langague to ensure its relevant.
With only 5-10 minutes a day, you can learn 100 words a week. We'll help show you how using latest tools and research.