Language Classes @ Sécheron, Geneva
C2 Advanced French
During this we will focus on mastering the final frontiers of the language getting into the nitty-gritty of colloquial and idiomatic expressions, the different shades of meaning and style and using that to equip you for any professional, technical or social situation. The classes should be accompanied with 20 minutes of independent study per day.
What you will learn
In these classes we will work towards the following goals. Being able to:
- Understanding any kind of spoken language, whether live or broadcast, even when delivered at fast native speed without any difficulty.
- Take part effortlessly in any conversation or discussion and have a good familiarity with idiomatic expressions and colloquialisms.
- Express yourself fluently and convey finer shades of meaning precisely.
- Read with ease virtually all forms of the written language, including abstract, structurally or linguistically complex texts such as manuals, specialised articles and literary works.
- Write clear, smoothly-flowing text in an appropriate style.
- Write complex letters, reports or articles which present a case with an effective logical structure which helps the recipient to notice and remember significant points.
- Write summaries and reviews of professional or literary works.
The goals are valid for all C2 levels and refer to the common European guidelines for languages.
What you need to know
You have the equivalent of C1 level in French. You can estimate your level with the following self-assessment questions. I can:
- Understand extended speech even when it is not clearly structured and when relationships are only implied and not explicit.
- Understand television programmes and films without too much effort.
- Express myself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Use language flexibly and effectively for social and professional purposes.
- Formulate ideas and opinions with precision and relate my contribution skilfully to those of other speakers.
- Understand long and complex factual and literary texts, appreciating distinctions of style.
- Understand specialised articles and longer technical instructions, even when they do not relate to my field.
- Express myself in clear, well-structured text, expressing points of view at some length.
- Write about complex subjects in a letter, an essay or a report, underlining what I consider to be the salient issues.
- Select a style appropriate to the reader in mind.
Made for busy people
We bring classes to you. Five minutes from your office for maximum convenience.
Only pay for the classes you can attend with our flexible enrollment model.
Our unique model provides quality with more convenience and at a better price.