Geneva Airport Area
French Conversation Class
Master conversation skills by building confidence and getting used to complex and extended conversations. The classes will focus on extended dialogue, speeches and complex lines of reasoning. It is recommended that you commit to 20 minutes per day of independent study to benefit from the course.
What you will learn
In these French conversation classes you will work towards the following goals:
- Be able to take part in conversations about familiar subjects or personal interests fluently without preparation
- Express and justify your opinions and projects.
- Tell a story or plot of a book or film with your own comments
- Be able to understand extended speech and lectures and follow complex lines of argument provided the topic is reasonably familiar.
- Be able to understand most TV news and current affairs programmes.
- Be able to understand the majority of films in standard dialect.
These goals are based on the common European guidelines for languages at B1-B2 level.
What you need to know
This class is for Intermediate learners, as a guide you should have roughly the equivalent to a B1 level in French. You can estimate your level with the following self-assessment. I can:
- Understand the main points of clear standard speech on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Understand the main point of many radio or TV programmes on current affairs or topics of personal or professional interest when the delivery is relatively slow and clear.
- Deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Enter unprepared into conversation on topics that are familiar, of personal interest or pertinent to everyday life (e.g. family, hobbies, work, travel and current events).
High-quality, convenient classes at a competitive price. When you want.