Language Classes @ Brig Centre
A2 Beginner English
Start to understand what’s going on around you and participate in simple interactions. We will focus on increasing your confidence in everyday social situations such as casual discussions with colleagues or friends. The classes should be accompanied with 20 minutes of independent study per day.
What you will learn
In these classes, we will work towards the following goals. Being able to:
- Understand phrases and the most common vocabulary relevant to you such as basic personal and family information, shopping, local area, employment.
- Catch the main point in short, clear, simple messages and announcements.
- Communicate during everyday activities such as cooking or shopping requiring a direct exchange of information on familiar topics.
- Handle very short social exchanges, even though you can't usually understand enough to keep the conversation going yourself.
- Read very short, simple texts.
- Find specific, predictable information in simple everyday material such as advertisements, prospectuses, menus and timetables and understand short simple personal letters.
- Write short, simple notes and messages.
- Write a very simple personal letter, for example thanking someone for something.
The goals are valid for all A2 levels and refer to the common European guidelines for languages.
What you need to know
You have the equivalent of A1 level in English. You can estimate your level with the following self-assessment. I can:
- Understand familiar words and very basic phrases concerning myself, my family and my immediate concrete surroundings when people speak slowly and clearly.
- Ask and answer simple questions in areas of immediate need or on very familiar topics.
- Interact in a simple way provided the other person is prepared to repeat or rephrase things slowly.
- Understand familiar names, words and very simple sentences, for example on notices and posters or in catalogues.
- Write a short, simple postcard, for example sending holiday greetings.
- Fill in forms with personal details, for example entering name, nationality and address on a hotel registration form.
Made for busy people
We bring classes to you. Five minutes from your office for maximum convenience.
Only pay for the classes you can attend with our flexible enrollment model.
Our unique model provides quality with more convenience and at a better price.